Thursday, June 09, 2005

It's probably too late, but...

I really like the idea of using blogs as a forum for exploring the concept of NN, and soliciting feedback from those who have no particular stake. So, here's a post from a while back that hasn't already been directly linked on this blog. Although I doubt that there would be much energy still to be milked from this particular post (it was from Sunday and one interesting thing about blogs is how quickly dialogues can fall off the face of the Earth), there are some interesting comments there (one by some genious named "Dumplingeater"), and I would love to see if it's possible to re-energize the conversation on that post. In particular, I'm curious to read responses to what Rep. Mark B. Cohen had to say.

3 Comments:

At June 09, 2005, Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Cool post. I'm digging it.

 
At June 09, 2005, Blogger Dumplingeater said...

Only a real genous could spell genius, genious

 
At June 11, 2005, Blogger Dumplingeater said...

Thanks Mark. Your suggestion makes a lot of sense to me. Providing support for candidates is a major objective of NN, but I suspect many of those involved have primarily considered endorsement as the vehicle to lend that support (along with mobilizing volunteers). What you described has distinct advantages over endorsements, and is significantly more compatible with a "bottom-up" orientation, a methodology I think will be harder and harder to implement as NN feels pressure to increase its efficiency and influence. I am currently a member of the NN Steering Committee, and will try to convey your perspective clearly -- but that would only be one voice, and your opinion has huge credibility with that group. I hope you'll find a way to give your input more directly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home