Thursday, December 02, 2004

Contribute to Wash guv recount

Ya, like I'm going to spend my money on this instead of bike gear? Well maybe I should. There was a fascinating article in the Wall Street Journal yesterday about motorcycle guys who go around lobbying against helmet laws. I think they are complete idiots, but it really shows what a certain kind of activism is all about. These guys get everyone all fired up to repeal the helmet laws. They give money, make phone calls, send e-mails, vote people out of office, just on the helmet issue. And it works. It doesn't really matter if it's bad policy, there's just a bunch of people screaming about it and no one to oppose them. One of the bikers gave $200,000 of his own money. Just wear the stupid helmet and shut-up you idiot! The article unfortunately is not online.

1 Comments:

At December 07, 2004, Blogger Victor Laszlo said...

Update, the recount is going forward. (No thanks to me, cause I didn't give squat.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home