Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I'm just back from Boston, belly of the so-called liberal elite. I was in the Back Bay, where they have a cleverly designed indoor mall making it pretty much completely unecessary for a convention goer to ever step foot outside (which was good because it was -10 windchill and it snowed 2 inches). On the train home, I started What's the Matter with Kansas; I'm loving it. Great book. More on that soon.

Here's Barbara Boxer questioning Condoleeza Rice yesterday. I have to admit I love this. But as the NYT points out, it's mostly political theater.

Look at this:
House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Bill Thomas (R-Calif.)
predicted yesterday that partisan warfare over Social Security will quickly
render President Bush's plan "a dead horse" and called on Congress to
undertake a broader review of the problems of an aging nation.

1 Comments:

At January 19, 2005, Blogger Victor Laszlo said...

I agree it's pathetic. I'm not sure how to explain it except maybe they think it's just foolish to waste political capital on it since she'll be confirmed anyway. I lost my respect for Bush-whore Powell a long time ago. Have you heard about this book, The Pentagon's New Map? One of my professors just asked me about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home