Thursday, November 17, 2005

Murtha vs. Cheney

Is it just me or are Cheney and other Rs starting to sound like Daffy
Duck?

Hawkish Democrat Calls for Iraq Pullout - Yahoo! News: "Vice President
Dick Cheney jumped into the fray Wednesday by assailing Democrats who contend the Bush administration manipulated intelligence on Iraq, calling their criticism 'one of the most dishonest and reprehensible charges ever aired in this city.'

Murtha, a Marine intelligence officer in Vietnam, angrily shot back at Cheney: 'I like guys who've never been there that criticize us who've been there. I like that. I like guys who got five deferments and never been there and send people to war, and then don't like to hear suggestions about what needs to be done.'"

3 Comments:

At November 17, 2005, Blogger Carmen said...

this is what needs to be said. I read the article, including the credibility Murtha has with the military. I hope this gets more broad press coverage. Man, that is the best reply to Cheney I have ever heard.

 
At November 18, 2005, Blogger Victor Laszlo said...

Did they really compare him to Michael Moore? They seemed to have lost all touch with reality, if they ever had any touch with it anyway.

On Air America today Jerry Springer said Murtha's pronouncement signaled the beginning of the end of the war.

 
At November 22, 2005, Blogger Don.B. said...

The end of the war has to begin somewhere. To have a man of Murtha's stature speakout forcefully will certainly spark broader debate. The debate has been lacking from the beginning of this debacle.

I'm no liberal (what ever that means) and I cheer the moderate Rs who are beginning to come out of the woodwork. My thoughts are stated in my blog. I've just started to blog but hope to have some lively dicussion of a positive nature. Swampslogger

 

Post a Comment

<< Home