Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Long Cut: Losing My Religion Denomination

As I've said, liberal and catholic don't mix. Also, check out the belief-o-matic! See my results below.

The Long Cut: Losing My Religion Denomination: "What we did was take a huge step towards leaving the Roman Catholic Church.

This is not an easy decision for us, but our dissatisfaction with Roman Catholicism has been growing for some time now. We both were raised going to church and we both went to the same Catholic high school (which for me followed 9 years of Catholic grade school), but more and more we have found that our beliefs aren't the churches beliefs."

Mormon is in my top 5! I was hoping for Neo-Pagan:
1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Secular Humanism (97%)
3. Nontheist (93%)
4. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (89%)
5. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (80%)
6. Liberal Quakers (79%)
7. Bah�'� Faith (71%)
8. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (63%)
9. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (62%)
10. Theravada Buddhism (62%)

2 Comments:

At July 27, 2005, Blogger Dumplingeater said...

Ok, here's mine. Obviously this is more fun than scientific, but it is kind of interesting to see the differences among us. Also, it is interesting, but not particularly surprising, to find Judiasm, Catholocism, and Islam, at the bottom of my list.

As for Arthur's question -- I've always wondered the same thing: what do people mean when they say they're "spiritual, but not religious?" Since I am agnostic about the existence of any kind of supreme being -- does that mean I'm not spiritual, as in materialisic, as in a heathen secularist with no morality? Hmmm. Long live Secular Humanism. Lazlo, I always knew you have some Mormon in you! What is Jainism?

1. Liberal Quakers (100%)
2. Secular Humanism (97%)
3. Unitarian Universalism (96%)
4. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (94%)
5. Theravada Buddhism (86%)
6. Neo-Pagan (78%)
7. Bahá'í Faith (76%)
8. Taoism (73%)
10. New Age (66%)
11. Orthodox Quaker (66%)
12. Nontheist (64%)
13. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (62%)
14. Reform Judaism (58%)
15. Jainism (56%)
16. New Thought (51%)
17. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (50%)
18. Scientology (45%)
19. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (43%)
20. Sikhism (39%)
21. Jehovah's Witness (37%)
22. Hinduism (31%)
23. Seventh Day Adventist (31%)
24. Islam (27%)
25. Orthodox Judaism (27%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (17%)
27. Roman Catholic (17%)

 
At July 27, 2005, Blogger Victor Laszlo said...

Yes, I do think I reject the nature thing as something like mumbo jumbo. I get those feelings in nature too, but I'm not sure what we should do with them or why we should think of them as indicative of a god or anything.

Spirituality is often talked about as an inner personal kind of feeling as opposed public ritual.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home